IUTC Award Nomination
Deadline: February 28, 2023
As a partner and host of the annual Urban Forestry Awards Luncheon, we are seeking nominations of exceptional individuals or organizations for recognition of their work in urban forestry. Individuals, groups of people and organizations do an outstanding job across the state in planting and caring for trees within our communities. Please take the time to nominate worthy Iowans for the following awards from the Iowa Urban Tree Council. Winners will be recognized at the spring luncheon.
- Outstanding Volunteer – An individual who has made a long term contribution to tree planting and care in their community.
- Outstanding Professional – A professional employee who exemplifies sound tree management, the ability to build partnerships and work with volunteers, and who has encouraged urban forestry.
- Outstanding Youth Project/Program – A project or program planned and implemented by youth (may be a youth organization, school or individual).
- Outstanding Community Organization – A formal group or organization of local volunteers that have implemented a successful community tree planting and care program.
- Outstanding Local Partner – A local business or organization that demonstrates ongoing support and commitment to its community tree program.
- Outstanding Media Partner – An individual or media organization who has shown ongoing support of trees and community forestry.
- Outstanding Civic Leader – A community or neighborhood tree advocate who demonstrates leadership in developing and enhancing a community’s tree resources, or in building support for a sustainable urban forest.
For help with this form, email Tracy Feldmann or call 515-287-7021.
For questions about the Iowa Urban Tree Council or the spring luncheon, email Gina Buelow or call 319-373-0650 x 208.