About the Course
Locally grown, nutritional food is important to our communities; helping people engage in the local food system, to know where their food comes from, and to eat healthier and more sustainable foods. For these reasons, Trees Forever has been planting fruit trees in community gardens throughout the Midwest. And now we need your help! The new Fruit TreeKeepers training program is designed to give local volunteers more knowledge of urban fruit and nut trees and their care.
What to Expect
Trees Forever’s Fruit TreeKeepers will:
- Actively participate in fruit and nut tree plantings in their neighborhood and community.
- Learn to care for fruit and nut trees.
- Help promote and protect all community trees by being an ambassador for trees.
Specifically, Fruit TreeKeepers will learn:
- Tree Biology
- Proper Planting & Maintenance
- Fruit and Nut Tree Varieties
- Organic Tree Management and Care (A Beginner’s Guide to Pruning, Disease and Pest Control, etc.)
- Harvesting Techniques (for the home orchard, not commercial producers)
Interested in becoming a Fruit TreeKeeper? Check our events calendar for upcoming courses!